[By: Amanda Midence, BBA]
You’ve probably heard about live video. All of the social networks have some adaptation of a live streaming service. You might’ve even received a notification on your screen about a live video from one of your Facebook friends or Instagram followers.
The rise of mobile usage over the last few years has ensured video as the absolute ruler over all content. Video tends to capture and keep the viewer’s attention for longer periods of time. In a world that is moving so fast, video has become the primary way of receiving and digesting content.
According to Hootsuite, users continue to produce and watch more video than ever before! It is estimated that by 2020, video streaming will become 80% of all consumer internet traffic.
That is HUGE!
In 2011, people were spending 21 minutes watching video on digital devices. Four years later, the average U.S. adult was consuming well over an hour’s worth of video on a digital device.
So, how can your business take advantage of these trends?
First, familiarize yourself with the type of content your target audience craves. If you are a B2C company, maybe FB LIVE will be the best platform to share video, drive organic engagement and keep your business top of mind.
Key Facebook LIVE Advantages:
1. Notifies your customers when you are LIVE.
2. Drives engagement and viewers can react to the content in real-time. Which can provide your business with instant feedback.
3. It has the lowest latency compared to cable and satellite TV. Your viewers are more likely to stay tuned through the whole stream.
4. According to network, people spend 3 times longer watching live videos and will comment 10 times more than on regular videos.
If you are B2B company, FB LIVE may or may not be where your customers spend their time. Most likely they will be on professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Native Video Advantages:
1. Has expanded the way you can share videos inside the platform. Before you could only share videos with a YouTube or Vimeo link.
2. Gives your business a clear voice and helps your followers put a face to the account.
3. Helps showcase your knowledge and expertise to potential customers.
4. Helps reinforce your brand and build trust with existing customers.
Video is crucial to stay relevant in this day and age. Have you adopted video in your marketing strategy yet? Call us to learn more about how we can help! (866) YES BLOOM!